Tailgating is a major tradition with Triangle Soccer Fanatics. Before each match, we gather in Lot C just behind the East side of the stadium (ticket office side) for a community tailgate. You'll find us just outside the players' entrance where we can greet our RailHawks as they arrive (and the opposition players too!).
The event is potluck and BYOB -- just bring some food to share with the group and your favorite beverage -- and join us from about 2.5 hours prior to kickoff. TSF will provide the grills for your use, basic picnic supplies, tables, and a few coolers stocked with ice. Our tailgates are open to both paid members and the general public. We ask that you use the link at the top of this page to RSVP and let us know what you plan to bring.
Each week our tailgate will have a different theme. Our current plans are listed below along with some food ideas to give you inspiration. Plans are subject to change so please check back close to the event for final details.
- v. Tampa Bay Rowdies - Sat., July 09 5:30pm: Mediterranean / Greek theme tailgate. Members are encouraged to bring their favorite dishes inspired by the olives, grapes, & wheat of the fertile crescent. Click here for ideas.
- v. West Ham United - Tue., July 12 6:00pm: The Carolina RailHawks, West Ham United, Oak City Supporters, and Triangle Soccer Fanatics have partnered to host a joint tailgate celebrating diversity. Food and drinks will be provided and participants are requested to make a suggested $5 donation to benefit Equality NC.
- v. Miami FC - Fri., July 22 6:00pm: TSF will provide a Wings & Fries turnkey tailgate dinner with beer provided by Fortnight Brewing. Members are requested to make a small ($3-$5) donation to the TSF General Fund in lieu of having to prepare a potluck dish on a weekday evening after work.
- v. Puerto Rico FC - Sat., Aug. 13 5:30pm: Tiki Tailgate. Members are encouraged to bring their favorite Polynesian or Hawaiian themed dishes for a tropical tailgate. Click here for ideas.
- v. Indy Eleven - Sat., Aug. 20 6:00pm: TSF will join the Carolina RailHawks for their Restaurant Partners showcase. Restaurant partners will include Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken, Armadillo Grill, Bojangles’, Brickhouse, Dave & Buster’s, Duck Donuts, Mellow Mushroom, Papa John’s, Sweet Tomatoes, Tijuana Flats, Zaxby’s, and more! Paid TSF members watch your email for informatoin on how to secure your free tickets.
- v. Jacksonville Armada FC - Sat., Sept. 03 5:30pm: Labor Day Weekend Smoke Out. We encourage you to bring your favorite BBQ like pulled pork, ribs, brisket, or chicken and your favorite BBQ sides like beans, slaw, potato salad, etc. Click here for ideas.
- v. Ottawa Fury FC - Sat., Sept. 10 5:30pm: Southern-Fried Soul Food is on the menu as the native Southerns dig out the recipes Grandma used to make. TSF will provide the deep fryer because everything tastes better breaded and bathed in hot oil. Sides ideas include collard greens, black-eyed peas, cream corn, and more. Click here for ideas.
- v. FC Edmonton - Sat., Sept. 24 5:30pm: Tex-Mex Tailgate. Bring your favorite tacos, enchiladas, beef BBQ, guacamole, salsa, rice, & beans as we host a Tex-Mex themed tailgate on Saturday, September 24th. We'll provide the grill for those that one to cook onsite.
- v. New York Cosmos - Wed., Sept. 28 6:00pm: As part of the RailHawks Go Gold fundraiser for Pediatric Cancer, Triangle Soccer Fanatics and Oak City Supporters will be joining forces for a joint "Coney Island" themed tailgate. All food and beverages will be provided free of charge. Members are asked to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in lieu of bringing a dish to this tailgate.
- v. Fort Lauderdale Strikers - Sat., Oct. 08 5:30pm: Chili Cookoff. TSF members are invited to bring a pot of their favorite chilli and compete for the crown of TSF Chili Master. Those not making a pot of their own chili are encouraged to bring toppings and sides such as sour cream, cheese, diced onions, crackers, etc. Click here for ideas.
- v. Rayo OKC - Wed., Oct. 12 6:00pm: Drive-Thru Tailgate. Bring your favorite takeout to eat, we'll provide drinks and picnic supplies.
- v. Minnesota United FC, Sat., Oct. 22 6:00pm: For the final home match of the season, the Carolina RailHawks will be hosting a fan-appreciation event and Food Truck Rodeo. TSF plans to participate in the official event in lieu of hosting our own tailgate.
Bringing food or drinks to the tailgate is completely optional. However, we respectfully ask that if you do not plan to bring something to share with the group and you plan to eat the food prepared by others, that you make a small donation ($3-5 suggested) in our tip jar to help support the club financially.
Tailgate Lot C Parking Access
As a special benefit to TSF paid members, you will receive a Lot C access pass in your membership package. Show this permit as you arrive and the parking attendants will direct you to your special parking location behind the East side of the stadium. Remember, the Lot C access pass does not cover the cost of parking – you will either need to pay cash upon entrance or use a parking pass purchased directly from the Carolina RailHawks to access the parking area at WakeMed Soccer Park. Please keep in mind that parking spots in Lot C are limited, so arrive early to guarantee yourself a spot.